City Reading revisited

Make some 'Talkie Walkie' about Air

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Re: City Reading revisited

Postby Kjetil » Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 pm

To everyone who has messaged me or expressed interest about this post, I've sent you a reply ;)
Kjetil
Membair

Postby gnoe » Thu May 28, 2009 8:27 pm

this is wonderful! :shock:
teach me how you've did it!
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby donato » Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 pm

it's fine. you can't post it here. there's nothing wrong with private messages or emailing it to people individually... don.chesson@gmail.com
donato
Photographair

Postby Kjetil » Thu May 28, 2009 9:50 pm

gnoe wrote:this is wonderful! :shock:
teach me how you've did it!

Well, long story short, you can isolate the centre portion of the track where most of the voice is usually located by using an algorithm that analyzes the phase of audio components of the same frequency on the left and right channels and attempts to determine the approximate centre channel. The centre channel is then subtracted from the original input to produce the side channels with those channels still intact and in stereo...ok, not so short answer. ;)

The only problem is you can almost never completely eliminate the vocals unless you have the original studio tracks. Also, the centre channel contains most of the low end frequencies so that gets eliminated also. You can attempt to leave in some of the low end to keep the base somewhat intact, but the trade off is more voice left in the instrumental which defeats the purpose.

So now I have to add in some of the beat and base from the original track and combine them so it sounds more like the original track. It's very time consuming to say the least...but I'm still working on it as we speak. 8)
Kjetil
Membair

Postby waiu » Fri May 29, 2009 11:22 am

donato wrote:it's fine. you can't post it here. there's nothing wrong with private messages or emailing it to people individually... don.chesson@gmail.com

Please don´t ask for the files to be mailed at you! You can exchange whatever you like via pm/mail, but not visible on this board. I´m sorry, please understand my point of view.
waiu
admin

Postby Kjetil » Sat Aug 15, 2009 1:25 am

Has anyone seen this clip?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CceqUdlXHnw

It's sort of a behind the scenes of the making of 'City Reading'.

Which reminds me...I need to get my arse in gear and finish the instrumental project I had been working on. :roll:
Kjetil
Membair

Postby souljacker8888 » Tue Apr 16, 2013 11:38 pm

i;d like to bump this back up... if anybody can connect me with these instrumentals i would be forever grateful!!

Thanks!
souljacker8888
Newcomair

Postby donato » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:39 pm

souljacker8888 wrote:i;d like to bump this back up... if anybody can connect me with these instrumentals i would be forever grateful!!

Thanks!

I wish I could help, but I don't have them. I'd also be interested however! :)
donato
Photographair

Postby nbktginger » Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:31 pm

me too ! would not help souljakker too much, but thanks for posting a reply on the topic as it reminded me that this album exists and I had a nice new listening to it, as well with the documentary on youtube. The music is really a great piece of work...
nbktginger
Membair

Previous

Return to Talk