Discuss the new Air album: "Le Voyage Dans La Lune"

Make some 'Talkie Walkie' about Air

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Re: New Air album soon? / Le Voyage Dans La Lune

Postby iotronica » Tue Nov 22, 2011 8:19 pm

I'm guessing this is the "proper" album, inspired by the work they did on Voyage Dans La Lune. Very happy to hear about this today! AIR's Facebook Page also has a photo published today "Mastering the new album" and a new logo of the Voyage Dans La Lune image. :)
iotronica
Stalkair

Postby Musician From Earth » Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:58 am

Proper album or not ... it's a new Air recording, and that, as we all well know, is cause for celebration. I'd say it's more of a proper studio album, especially when you take the guest vocalists appearances into account. Maybe that doesn't mean anything in this regard, but I'm looking forward to February a whole lot more now. Perhaps they'll tour the states again soon thereafter. I missed them the last time around but was lucky enough to catch them for Talkie Walkie and Pocket Symphony. My friend Sean managed to get a setlist for me at the Talkie Walkie show we saw in Milwaukee back in 2004, from JB's Rhodes, no less!

This is a great board, by the way. I've learned lots of little things I never knew about the band after enjoying their music for over a decade! Thanks everyone.
Musician From Earth
Newcomair

Postby Antoine » Wed Nov 23, 2011 9:33 am

Another question: The film is meant to last 13 or 14 minutes. I guess the soundtrack will last a bit longer...
Have they done extended versions of the tracks that you can hear during the film?
Antoine
Electronic Pet Shop Boy

Postby gnoe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 1:56 pm

Great news!
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby gnoe » Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:03 pm

You can find a new scene + song on Youtube,
Cant embed it because im on a holiday,
Sounds very psychedilic, i love it!
Ive only got a crappy speaker, but it somehow reminds me of Premier Symptomes,
You guys got what you wished for!
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby donato » Fri Nov 25, 2011 6:28 am

more specific so we can find it directly?
donato
Photographair

Postby gnoe » Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:07 pm

Try Air + Voyage + Lune
And sort on recent uploaded videos
Its the same user who uploaded the previous movie
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby dwible » Sat Nov 26, 2011 12:05 am

i think this is it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4dTVfSJoj04

intriguing!
dwible
Newcomair

Postby Kjetil » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:14 am

Kjetil
Membair

Postby donato » Sat Nov 26, 2011 1:29 am

The last extract is by far my favorite...powerful.
donato
Photographair

Postby waiu » Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:49 pm

Yay, these sounds getting me excited ones again :)
waiu
admin

Postby elporteo » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:23 pm

from the Aircheology website

28/11/11 - Album released 7th February 2012 for US & Canada

‘Le Voyage Dans La Lune’ (A Trip To The Moon) is a classic black & white silent film by revered French director Georges Méliès.
Released in 1902, this legendary 16-minute film is widely considered one of the most important works in film history, and the very first to use science fiction as its theme, incorporating special effects that were very state-of-the-art at the turn of the 19th century. It was loosely based on two popular novels of the time: Jules Verne's ‘From the Earth to the Moon’ and H. G. Wells ‘The First Men In The Moon’.
A hand-coloured print, the only one known to survive, was rediscovered in 1993 by the Filmoteca de Catalunya. It was in a state of almost total decomposition, and many years of painstaking, manual restoration took place until 2010, when digital technology finally came to the rescue. Following another year at the Technicolor Lab of Los Angeles, it was finally ready to share with the world. Eager to put a contemporary spin on this classic silent film, the producers decided to approach AIR’s Nicolas Godin and Jean-Benoit Dunckel, to compose an original modern soundtrack, an enormous honour for French musicians, considering the film’s place in the canon of French cinema.
Spurred on by their work on this short movie, AIR decided to develop the project into a full album inspired by the film. Expanding the original musical themes beyond cinematic instrumentals, the album also features the vocal talents and lyrics of Au Revoir Simone and Victoria Legrand (Beach House). The band’s lunar fascinations have been evident since the beginning of their career with the release of the seminal 1998 classic Moon Safari. Now in 2012 Nicolas and JB have returned to explore the further regions of their very unique musical “space.”

------------------------------
Now in 2012 Nicolas and JB have returned to explore the further regions of their very unique musical “space.”
Now in 2012 Nicolas and JB have returned to explore the further regions of their very unique musical “space.”

sorry to repeat it but after too long this line really makes me dreaming..like i use to in the past...
elporteo
airddicted

PreviousNext

Return to Talk