Discuss the new Air album: "Le Voyage Dans La Lune"

Make some 'Talkie Walkie' about Air

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Re: New Air album soon: "Le Voyage Dans La Lune"

Postby elporteo » Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:46 am

Gnoe you made my day!
ah ah ah..

so i am curios..are the article that talk about a return to the glory of Moon Safari right? or that level and sound is definetly lost?

sorry but i do not wanna list to anything till the whole album will be in my hands and i will have the chance to listen to all of it...track after track....
elporteo
airddicted

Postby gnoe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:44 am

I don't hear Moon Safari on this album, I guess they made the comparisons just because of the title.
Moon Safari is perfected, as Voyage dans la Lune has more of a live-feeling.
I love the fm synth on Sonic Armada, sounds like a first take and it goes loco at 2:51, probably the best part of the album, it literally made me laugh out loud :)
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby waiu » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:47 am

awesome picture gnoe :D
waiu
admin

Postby gnoe » Thu Feb 02, 2012 10:49 am

the fm synth on Sonic Armada sounds like a drunk and obnoxious R2D2 from Star Wars,
that's the right way to describe it
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby dwible » Thu Feb 02, 2012 4:02 pm

overall it's a very solid artistic statement from my favorite bad, though i wish it were a bit longer. i also really wish retour sur terre and homme lune were extended, but i guess they are what they are. the piano part on decollage is breathtaking. cosmic trip might just be a personal favorite, though parade and sonic armada are a lot of fun. is it moon safari redux? hardly. but did anyone really think it would be?? (yes, i downloaded it in advance of its release, but i'm ok with that since i preordered both the physical and digital versions)

i still have to wonder though if this is an album or a soundtrack... guess it really doesn't matter in the end, but i fear it may get relegated to the "soundtrack bin" over time. granted, it's their best soundtrack work to date. now, will there be a tour????????
dwible
Newcomair

Postby nbktginger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 9:18 pm

I must admit that having so good critics about it, I was just a bit disappointed of the overall feeling... Too short, and definitely more a soundtrack than a real LP.
Some brilliant pieces of music though, I like a lot Astronomic Club, Decollage and the first 56 seconds of Lava. I can't say I don't like the rest, but I find it a bit irritating time to time. I find it very difficult to hear Sonic Armada fully for example, because the variations of the creepy synthetiser are just getting too much after 2 minutes.
nbktginger
Membair

Postby Antoine » Fri Feb 03, 2012 10:23 am

Bought the album yesterday and listened to it carefully.
Overall I think it's pretty good but of course far too short. For me it's more another side project than a brand new album.
The beginning of Astronomic Club sounds like Gainsbourg's Histoire de Melody Nelson.
I did enjoy Moon Fever and I think it will be a grower.
I did not like Who am I now? The vocals are so weird. No harmonies.
I also read an interview in a newspaper saying that the album was done on an IPad using Garage Band ( I don't think this is true though!) and that they do not plan to go on Tour with this album.
Antoine
Electronic Pet Shop Boy

Postby iotronica » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:20 pm

Album is now streaming at The Guardian :D http://www.guardian.co.uk/music/musicbl ... f-comments
iotronica
Stalkair

Postby elporteo » Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:25 pm

Thanks iotronica for the link...

so finally i had a couple of complete listening...
sorry guys but i am not into it....i do not get it..maybe it's too early to judge it or maybe i only have to watch the film..because maybe the album fit with it...

only Moon fever so far...i really like it...it's the typical air song that i love..
but the rest..i really don't get it...

i like Homme Lune..and i wish it would develop more..but it ends in Lava...that after 1 minute looses it's high level..completely

maybe my "air " are definitely gone...
elporteo
airddicted

Postby iotronica » Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:04 pm

Streaming seems to have ended at The guardian, so here it is over at NPR... http://www.npr.org/2012/01/24/145761308 ... e#playlist

I'm really enjoying the album and can't wait to hear it with the movie next week! :D I love Moon Fever, Cosmic Trip and Lava the best so far, I think. Lava has the feel, in places, of the "How far would you go for love" Ad that they did recently, and it also has a Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon vibe. Very cool! Considering they did this project in a month, I think it's a credit to them! I spend months creating just one track! For me, it has all the AIR hallmarks on it, so although it's a short album, it's not disappointing. A little hard in places to listen to out of context with the film - but that's just days away... ;)

Amanda xx
iotronica
Stalkair

Postby 505bit » Sun Feb 05, 2012 3:01 pm

...preordered two copies...

but will there be a vinyl release? I want this on vinyl!
505bit
Membair

Postby iotronica » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:38 am

At last! I'm downloading the album and film into itunes right now! Happy Moonday everyone! :D
iotronica
Stalkair

PreviousNext

Return to Talk