Random Places You've Heard Air

Make some 'Talkie Walkie' about Air

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Postby nbktginger » Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:09 am

Right, this is def. 10k hz Legend stuff

at the beginning, I wasn't sure about that... but, yes, it sounds like caramel prisoner... But I think It would be very exagerated for Record Makers to demand some royalites here :wink:
nbktginger
Membair

Postby Placebo02 » Tue Jun 14, 2005 9:09 pm

today they played "cherry blossom girl" on the supermarket- radio... it's funny to hear a song of your favourite band, disconnected by a speakers voice, talking about how cheap the butter is today... :lol:
I believe in... AIR
Placebo02
Belivair

Postby Airtonia » Tue Jun 14, 2005 11:58 pm

I've heard Bathroom girl some weeks ago on a documentary about american ex- presidents.
AiR
Airtonia
La femme d'argent

Postby Lucky & Unhappy » Fri Jun 17, 2005 6:49 am

I think probably a year ago I heard the song Mike Mills in a Barnes & Noble store.
Lucky & Unhappy
Membair

Postby ebstachura » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:38 am

Did anyone watch Nip/Tuck last night?

Half way through the show I heard Alone In Kyoto but I recognised that it wasn't the version on
Talkie Walkie. It sounded more like a live version.
I realize that perhaps it was a different artist that wanted
it to sound like Alone in Kyoto. Sometimes
those shows can't afford the real song but last
week Nip/Tuck featured Everything In It's Right Place
by Radiohead. Also the last episodes advertise that Heineken
Beer is supporting the music selections.
Hoping that someone out there saw last nights episode!
ebstachura
Membair

Postby David » Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:09 am

During the "French cinema movie festival" here in Mexico i saw "Lila dit ça" from Ziad Doueiri
And in this movie, which i can strongly recomend you can hear run in full length
Set in Marseilles, this coming-of-age tale centers on a Lolita-esque teen who is a big tease to a shy Arab kid. Lila is a gorgeous 16-year-old girl who has just moved, with her rather strange aunt, into a poor neighborhood populated primarily by Arab families. The two leaders of the suburb's main gang fall in love with her. One is the film's poetic narrator, a quiet boy with a talent for writing named Chimo; the other is Mouloud, a headstrong punk. One day, Lila dares Chimo to look up her skirt -- if he can handle it -- and by doing so, puts into motion a sequence of raw, devastating events. The ensuing maelstrom that develops out of this romantic triangle reveals the dangers inherent in sexual game playing.

Le réalisateur a préféré adoucir la fin du film qui est de ce fait plus optimiste que celle du livre. La douceur est paradoxalement (mais en apparence seulement) une des caractéristiques de ce film et l’on se prend à voyager au gré de la musique et des situations, pensant à Virgin suicide (peut-être à cause de la présence de la musique du groupe Air sur la bande son), ou au film de godard, le mépris lors de la scène intime entre le couple Bardot/Piccoli.
Film : français
Genre : Drame érotique
Durée : 1h 29min
Date de sortie française : 26 Janvier 2005
Réalisateur et scénario : Ziad Doueiri d'après le livre de Chimo
Interprètes : Mohammed Khouas (Chimo), Vahina Giocante (Lila), Karim Ben Haddou (Mouloud), Edmonde Franchi (la tante), Lotfi Chakri (Bakary)

you..tear me up in so many parts
David
Moon Safari Guide

Random Places Playing AIR

Postby ZarterEngel » Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:25 pm

I see that replies to this topic are all in 2005. I am about 2 years late in replying but its better to be late than never. Especially so in the case of AIR :lol:

Where I come from, Singapore, AIR is rarely played ANYWHERE...That sucks really. It really does, if you may allow me to reiterate. My fellow countrymen really dont know what divine goodness they are missing out on :shock:

So one day, I was in the shopping mall with my boyfriend. I happened to pass by a store selling clothes by a local designer (GG<5 if you wish to know the name 8)). I thought I heard something very suspiciously familiar sounding so I turned to my boyfriend and said, "I think I heard AIR...". My boyfriend is not an AIR fan but because I keep playing AIR, he has grown to know their songs (hehe). He, too, replied saying, he thought he heard AIR too.

So we backtracked our steps by a few and stood at the entrance of the store. To my utter surprise, I actually heard "Lost Message" playing. *lol*
It was really shocking because I would expect such stores to be playing mainstream Chinese pop. It was a nice surprise :)

My sister, who is an AIR fan, had a 5 month part time stint at Louis Vuitton(Singapore). She told me that "Don't Be Light" (Neptunes Remix) was one of the songs on a CD that was on loop at the boutique :)

So there you go :)
"Clearly, its night...
All that exists is just you and AIR
Every molecule turns into bubbles.
Your heels sing for the world
Could this be PREMIERS SYMPTOMES...
ZarterEngel
Newcomair

Postby maczag » Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:54 pm

"Photograph" played in the Diesel flagstore in New York City :D
maczag
Newcomair

Postby Dejiko » Sun Sep 09, 2007 8:51 pm

Jejeje, Just last night i heard air in a creepy tv program about health and people here en méxico, they didn't stop playing mike mills !
Dejiko
Membair

Postby mercaque » Mon Oct 15, 2007 2:20 am

Sometimes at work I like to listen to BBC Persian. I don't speak or understand Persian at all, but I think it's a very soothing language to listen to.

Anyway on this news broadcast they were doing a story about the health benefits of chocolate, which I know because they played little bits and pieces of an interview with a Norwegian (??) sounding scientist speaking in English, before cutting back over to Farsi. The background music was "J'ai Dormi Sous I'Eau." The weirdest part, and I'm not making this up, was that I had been listening to "J'ai Dormi Sous I'Eau" on my way into work that morning!
mercaque
Newcomair

Postby oinfigs » Mon Oct 29, 2007 7:36 am

I guess "photograph" was in CW's Gossip Girl but the last time i heard air in a public place was at the coop grocery in firenze and it was cherry blossom girl
but i also remember hearing "dead bodies" on a golfing commercial with lots of old men. yes air is everywhere sometimes.
oinfigs
Membair

Postby Mr Rippley » Mon Oct 29, 2007 12:37 pm

Once Upon A Time was playing in the background of some documantary about Porsche on French MotorsTV, weird.

Also some weeks ago there was Chill-Out sunday on VH1 - they were playing some cool music all day long, along with AIR's All I Need.
Needless to say I was blown away, one of my all time favorite AIR songs, beautiful vocals and melody, stunning song.
VH1 also had a Chill-Out Classics Top 10 that day and I think All I Need was second.
Mr Rippley
Mr Mediatair

PreviousNext

Return to Talk