Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor

Just talkie...

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor

Postby Antoine » Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:32 pm

I just bought Madonna's new album today and must admit I quite like it. It's got a lot of eurodance, disco influences ( I can think of Giorgio Moroder, Cerrone, Chic, Sister Sledge, Kraftwerk, Pet Shop Boys, Evelyn Champagne King, Salsoul Orchestra and ABBA among others).
The album's producer is Stuart Price (aka Jacques Lu Cont/Les Rythmes Digitales/Thin White Duke/Zoot Woman/ Paper Faces or whatever his real name might be...). Great vocoder on some tracks too...

My favourite track is Forbidden Love.

Has anyone of you already listened to her album? And what do you think of it?
Antoine
Electronic Pet Shop Boy

Postby nbktginger » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:17 am

I just heard this cover of "Gimee" from Abba, but i don't like it. It is why I didn't buy the record. But maybe it's not the best track of this record.
I liked a lot Music and American Life, but it was mainly due to the musical work from Mirwais. This guy is really talented and I am looking forward to hearing his second album, because I think now i will have time to work on his personal work. His first album was a very very very good one.
nbktginger
Membair

Postby apollo » Sun Nov 13, 2005 12:33 pm

I listened to some tracks. I didn't like it much. The mama mia rip off is really tastless, I agree.

And I don't think Stuart Price and Madonna mix well. Like tibault, I only liked "music" because mirwais produced it; madonna singing over it, was just horrible.
apollo
Synthesizair

Postby emilyh » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:55 am

nbktginger wrote:I liked a lot Music and American Life, but it was mainly due to the musical work from Mirwais. This guy is really talented and I am looking forward to hearing his second album, because I think now i will have time to work on his personal work. His first album was a very very very good one.

I agree...I liked "Music" only because of Mirwais, I loved "Production." Especially "Naïve Song."

I think her new track is alright, but I protest her ripping off old disco records. They were genius the first time around...
emilyh
Journairlist

Postby bacteriaburger » Sun Nov 27, 2005 3:11 am

I have to say I'm pretty disappointed with this album. I really enjoy "Hung Up," but the rest of the album falls really flat. Honestly, I was never a devout Madonna fan except for the last couple of albums ("American Life," despite having some of the worst lyrics every committed to tape, is really underrated). Now I'm realizing I probably liked them for Mirwais more than anything else. I think "Music" is such a solid and even great album.

That being said, I wasn't crazy about Mirwais solo album.
bacteriaburger
Membair

Re: Madonna's Confessions on a Dancefloor

Postby mildrena » Mon Apr 11, 2011 12:25 pm

Did Madonna ever wear the big grey sweatshirt with tights and leg warmers? I need to find pictures!? I need a halloween costume, and I though Madonna would be cute. Is it her that wore this outfit and where can I get pictures?
Last edited by mildrena on Wed Apr 13, 2011 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
mildrena
Newcomair

Postby gnoe » Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:39 pm

Halloween? In April?
You take it way too serious :)
gnoe
King Sighair

Postby alan » Fri Aug 26, 2011 3:05 pm

i seem not to like it as much as the old ones!
alan
Newcomair

Return to Off topic