Pet Shop Boys: new album out in 2006!

Just talkie...

Moderator: Moon Safari Guides

Pet Shop Boys: new album out in 2006!

Postby Antoine » Sat Dec 24, 2005 10:38 am

The Pet Shop Boys will release their 9th studio album "Fundamental" on May 22nd on EMI/Parlophone.

Tracklisting as follows:

Psychological
The Sodom and Gomorrah Show
I made my excuses and left
Minimal
Numb
God willing
Luna Park
I'm with Stupid
Casanova in Hell
Twentieth Century
Indefinite leave to remain
Integral

I'm with Stupid will be the first single to be released (release date: 5/5/06).
The legendary Trevor Horn produced this album and according to Neil Tennant, they recorded real drums with the guy who plays drums with...AIR (no name has been mentioned though but my guess is Earl Harvin).
A world tour in 2006 is currently being planned.

Comments so far (from www.popjustice.com):

"The first great pop album of 2006"
"The Pet Shop Boys are the greatest British pop act of all time... even when they are relatively ropey they are still better than anything else ever."
"The electro godfathers diss ID cards, the war on terror and dim celebrity boyfriends over thunderous Trevor Horn production on their best album for over a decade." (NME)
“Already a candidate for song title of the year (‘The Sodom and Gomorrah Show’), this sees Neil Tennant and Chris Lowe return to the magnificently OTT disco pop of their heyday.” Q magazine
Pet Shop Boys: Minimal (Parlophone) Trevor Horn produced electro nugget signalling a return to form from the grand dames of cerebral art pop. 'Less is more' intones Neil Tennant. Gloriously pretentious."
Antoine
Electronic Pet Shop Boy

Return to Off topic